Wednesday, February 5, 2014
CROCKPOT RECIPES PEOPLE SENT FOR MARTHA AND JEAN
2 pounds beef chuck roast
1 (16 ounces) jar pepperoncini pepper (small part of top with stem cut off)
6 ounces sliced mozzarella or Swiss cheese
6 hamburger buns or French Rolls.
Put meat in slow cooker, pour jar of pepperoncini pepper and juices over the meat. Cook on low for about 8 hours. Shred the meat with two large forks and stir. The combo of the meat, the pepper and the juices are delicious. This can be spicy depending on jar of pepperoncini you use. Serve on toasted bread, rolls or buns with slice of cheese. You can broil your sandwiches in the oven for a few minutes to melt cheese.
Cut pork loins (less fat) into big chunks. Put in crock pot and pour a bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce over the pork. Let cook on low 8 to 10 hours - then shred and serve on rolls or buns.
I thank Cathy in Webster for the above two recipes.
SLOW COOKER LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup butter
1 package dry Italian Dressing / Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare your chicken by rinsing it and trimming the fat. If chicken breasts are large, cut in half making them more like tenders.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the flour and pepper. Coat the chicken in flout.
3. Melt the butter is a saucepan on your stovetop over medium heat. Once melted, brown each side of the chicken, but not cooking it throughout because you will be putting them in the crockpot. You just want them to have a nice golden brown breading on each side.
4. Spray crockpot with cooking spray and place the chicken into the crockpot. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning package on top of the chicken.
5. Mix together the lemon juice and chicken broth. Pour over chicken and seasonings,
6. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
I thank Christine T for the above recipe she got from The Recipe Critia
If anyone else has any crockpot recipes for Martha and Jean, please leave them in comments. They are looking for your favorite recipes.