Wednesday, July 16, 2014

ANNA'S BOB ANDY PIE RECIPE

This recipe was requested.  Bob Andy pie was a popular pie among us Amish when we lived in Indiana.  I hadn't made it in a long time so I made it for Elmer and John.  We all enjoyed it very much.  I hope you will too. The story for the name of the pie is: An Amish farmer came in from working in the fields, ate a piece of this pie and said: "this pie is as good as Bob and Andy", which were his two prize gelding working horses.  I don't know how much truth there is to that , but it sounds good.

Anna

ANNA'S BOB ANDY PIE RECIPE

2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon crushed clove
3 large eggs (separated)
3 heaping Tablespoons flour
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Separate the eggs and yokes of the three eggs in separate bowls.  Mix together sugar, flour cloves and cinnamon.  Beat egg yokes.  To dry ingredients add butter, beaten egg yokes and milk.  Beat egg whites until stiff.  Fold into previous mixture.  Pour into two pie shells and bake at 350 degrees until set.  

IF SOMEONE MAKES THESE, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE A PICTURE TO  PUT ON HERE. THANK YOU, MARILYN





1 comment:

New York State Of Mind said...

I apologize for deleting the comments on this post. I must have pushed the wrong button. I am sorry for my mistake.

Marilyn