Wednesday, August 27, 2014

JEAN'S: EGGS ON A RAFT

Here is another of the recipes that I came across that I hadn't made in a long time.  I made it and it was a big hit for breakfast.  The recipe is for two, but you can double it. Also, it says "frozen shredded hash brown potatoes" but I make mine.  Either way you get the potatoes - it is delicious.

JEAN'S EGGS ON A RAFT

1 6 oz brick frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
2 eggs
4 slices bacon, cooked
2 slices Velveeta Cheese, cut into strips

Prepare potatoes according to package directions for pan frying.  Cut in half.  Scramble eggs.  Place 1 egg on each potato half and top with 2 slices of bacon.  Put cheese strips on top of bacon.  Broil until cheese is melted.

Serves 2

5 comments:

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Everyone,

This recipe sounds delicious. Hope you are all getting ready for the Labor Day Weekend.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone has a very safe holiday wknd- no matter what the weather turns out to be- LOL! Blessings all, Carol

Countryside Reflections said...

What a nice easy recipe. I laughed when I read the recipe name. Thank you for posting it.

I can't believe that it's almost Labor Day already. The only good thing about Summer coming to an end, is that the next season is Fall, my favorite time of year.

Doreen

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Carol,
I hope everyone has a safe weekend, too. Not sure what the weather will be.

Blessing to you and yours,
Marilyn

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Doreen,
I liked the name, too. Thought it was cute.

Yup, summer is ending. It seems like it just started. I love the fall, too. Will have to take pictures of the leaves this fall and put them on here.

Marilyn