Tuesday, June 25, 2013

MEET HENRY - VICKIE'S NEWEST FAMILY MEMBER

Hello again! Our friend Marilyn has asked me to pop on here once more. This time to tell you about our latest arrival, Henry. =)

Henry is a tiny toy poodle. He is apricot in color. Henry is 3 1/2 years old. He weighs 4 lbs. He is so very sweet. We tease and say that Henry was born to cuddle. That is what he believes is his job in life! He is the definition of lap dog. ;) 

Mabel,our 4 year old, grey poodle, wasn't all that interested in Henry in the beginning. She has now accepted him though. You may have read the post I did here some months back about our Mabel. Mabel now has 6 slipped discs. She is on medications from the veterinarian to control the pain and help her live a good life. She cannot use steps. She does walk and she is happy. She tolerates Henry's constant cuddling. ;)

Due to Mabel's poor back condition, she is less active. Henry seems to understand this now. Every day I, my husband, or one of our three teens play with Henry. He is small, but oh so filled with energy. I think it is because he curls up on so many laps all day. Then he zips through the yard with the kids. He loves to have someone chase him. Then he turns and chases you! He also loves stuffed, squeaky toys.

We have had Henry for almost three months now. He is well loved here. Both our toy poodles bring us such joy. 

Thank you Marilyn for letting me share about Henry and Mabel here. For anyone who wants more, my blog site is: http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/







8 comments:

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Everyone,
Hope you enjoy meeting Henry. I think he is a cutie and a great addition to Vickie's family.

It's in the 80's here and is going to be that until for a while. Really enjoy it.

Marilyn

Vickie said...

Good Morning Marilyn! I am smiling at my own post! Ha! I just love our dogs. Thanks for sharing our joy in them too Marilyn.
It has been in the 90's here all weekend and still. Now it is raining.

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Vickie,
Glad you liked your post. I love your doggies, too.

We haven't hit 90 yet, but we might today or tomorrow.

Marilyn

Fionalina said...

Hello Marilyn and Vickie

Henry is adorable Vickie and a lovely colour-glad Mabel has a nice companion

Did Henry come from an animal shelter

Such good pictures as well -I enjoyed your post and shall have a look at your blog now

Fionalina

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Fionalina,

That's a good question. I hope Vickie comes on and answers. Glad you enjoyed the posts.

Marilyn

Countryside Reflections said...

Henry is so sweet. I love the first picture. I hope Mabel will continue to improve and not have any more relapses. Thank you for giving us an update and the cute pictures.

Doreen

Vickie said...

Good Morning friends! Thank you so much you warm my heart. No.We bought Henry from a breeder near our city. They had wanted him to be a stud dog. He is too timid and was unsuccessful at that. They no longer wanted him! I could never sell my dog. But I suppose many breeders are like that. We are just so happy he is happy here with us. He honestly is just so precious. He is sleeping on my lap right now. ;)

Fionalina said...

Glad Henry has found a happy loving home with you all

Fionalina