Wednesday, July 31, 2013

JEAN'S SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE


JEAN'S SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE

2 lbs or 6 cups summer squash
1/4 Cup chopped onions
1 Can cream of chicken soup and liquid from squash
1 Cup sour cream (may use yogurt)
1 8 oz package herb seasoned stuffing mix
1/2 Cup butter

Cook sliced squash and onion in salted water for 5 minutes., drain.
Combine soup, and sour cream.
Add squash and onions.
Mix stuffing and melted butter.
Put half of stuffing mixture in bottom of 12 x 7 1/2 baking dish.
Add squash mixture and rest of the stuffing mix on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

5 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i make this with zucchini. i made 8X this recipe the other day and took it to the homeless shelter. i add melted butter to mine and grated carrots. this is the best casserole. even kids love it!

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi jaz,
Thank you so much for telling us about the other ways to make it. I am not a squash person,, but I will have to try this one.

Marily

Countryside Reflections said...

My friend is coming to visit for the weekend and she was just telling me how she has an abundance of summer squash, so I'm sure she'll be bringing me some. This recipe is perfect timing.

Doreen

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Doreen,
I will tell Jean about your comment, I am sure she will appreciate it.

Marilyn

http://thankfullga447 said...

I made this recipe and it is great tasting. I will make it over and over again.