Saturday, August 17, 2013

PIRATES WEEKEND-PART III-OUR BAKE FOOD SALE

As you can see, we have lots of great senior citizen bakers where I live. Both ladies and gentlemen are our bakers.  All the food hadn't arrived yet, when I took these pictures.  The Pirates Cigars were not real cigars but pretzels.  Every year we try to top what we made last year, and we did it again.  All the money we make goes for our parties like our Halloween Party, Pizza Party, etc.  We still had some goodies left over after the bake sale, so we donated them to a Veteran's Home.  They look forward to our goodies.  We are finally done until next year.

Our Pirates Weekend ended on Sunday afternoon with a band in our park..  I didn't think to bring my camera to take pictures.  So far I haven't been to the fair so I just might have pictures of the Firemen's Parade that we have on Friday of fair week for you next week. Then, in September, we will have our Canal Town Weekend.

3 comments:

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Everyone,
For a bunch of old folks we sure came up with a great bunch of baked goods.

Suppose to be in the 80's today. Going to enjoy while we have it.

Marilyn

SueAnn said...

Hi Marilyn!
I love bake sales like this! You did have a lot of different things..I like the name for the Pirates' cigars!! LOL!! wonder if the pirates really had cigars back then> hmm...what the heck! Great name for a treat!!!!
we have been having the most gorgeous weather all this week...but...rain is on its way....oh well..!! enjoy it for sure...! winter is sneaking up on us again real soon!! LOL!!

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Sue Ann,
I don't know who named them Pirates cigars, but it was a great idea. I don't know if pirates smoked cigars,either.

It was beautiful yesterday, but it looks cloudy today.

Marilyn