Saturday, September 21, 2013

OUR NEW LAUNDRY WASHER & DRYER USE CREDIT CARDS

All apartment residents were issued a credit card for the washers and dryers.  In the laundry room is a machine where you put the credit card in one slot and the amount of money you want on credit card in another slot.  You push a button and the amount of money goes on your credit card.  We got new washers and dryers in both of the buildings.  You put your laundry with detergent  in the washer and put your credit card in the slot. The amount of money that is on your credit card shows.  You select which way you want your laundry done.  Then the machine tells you to pull the credit card out. Make sure the top of the washer is closed. Then it lights up to tell you how long it will take to wash the clothes.  When the machine is done 0 lights up and it shuts off.  You take the clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer.  You go through the same thing with the credit on the dryer.  When the dryer is done - your clothes are dry and you are all done.  This sure beats using all the quarters we had to use before.

This is another of the pictures I have had on since December,  2012.  Like I said I think I should get them on posts here.  There is one last picture that was with this group that you might not like to see.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh how washer and dryers in apartments have changed Marilyn!
No, I am not ready for snow!

New York State Of Mind said...

Haven't they changed?? I never thought the days of doing your laundry would be by credit card.

I'm not ready for that white stuff either.

Marilyn

SueAnn said...

Do they bill you then? Or do you put money on account with the apartment complex? I think it is a good idea, that way no one is breaking the coin slots to steal, but I am not sure how you get money ON the card, or how you pay for what you do use....

New York State Of Mind said...

Hello Sue Ann,
You put the money on the credit card with the big machine in picture 2. Every time I use the card the money goes from my account to the apartment's account. It sure beats the credit cards. No one ever broke our coin machines, but the thing will fill up with quarters. You get the washer loaded and no more quarters would fit. Of course that would always happen on the weekend. Now the credit cards are easier.

/Marilyn

Christine T said...

Marilyn....

SNOW YUCCCK!!!!!!

I have my own W/D but when I lived in a apartmen I did despite having to have quarters. A laundromat close by had the card thing.

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Christine T,

Wish they had put washers and dryers in our apartments when they remodeled them, but they didn't. I like the credit card better than those quarters, too. Seems you never had enough quarters. The card is easier.

Marilyn

SueAnn said...

I was wondering what that big machine was..now I understand! More room for quarters!!!! I use to go to a laundramat and like you said, if the coin slots were full, you were stuck! seems like a great idea....

New York State Of Mind said...

Hie Sue Ann,
On the big machine you put cash money in a slot there and your credit card in another slot. You pressed a button and the money was credited to your account. Then you used the credit card on the washer and dryer. At first, it was hard to get use to, but now it is easy.

Marilyn