Wednesday, May 28, 2014
MELISSA'S YUMMY CARROT MUFFINS
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1 cup carrot grated
1 cup pineapple, crushed and with juice
1/4 cup golden raisins
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine first seven dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Mix the remaining wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. With a wooden spoon, mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients just until blended.
5. Fill greased muffin cups (or use muffin liners) 3/4 full
6. Let sit for 10 minutes
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean
8. Let sit for 5 minutes and then remove from muffin tin.
Melissa is with the Cornell University Cooperative Extension. She brought these to the nutrition center that I work at. We all decided these muffins were delicious.
Melissa also appreciated all the recipes you gave her on the bland recipe she had. She said she may have another one for you to advise her on in the future. It was kind of you to take the time to help her.