FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF MANCHESTER, MANCHESTER, NY
The First Baptist Church of Manchester was originally organized as the First Baptist Church of Famington (before the division of the town), and dates back to 1797, although not until 1810 was the first log meeting-house built, followed by a stone chapel in 1815. In 1822 Farmington was divided and Manchester was formed, where upon the society took the name of The First Baptist Church of Manchester. The property on which the present large church now stands was purchased in 1849, and in the same year the meeting-house was built. A few years back, an addition was added to the church for a Kindergarten School, Child Care, church offices and the many church bake sales, fish dinners (during lent), and more. They do a great deal for the local area and missionaries.