Thursday, October 16, 2014

FIRST LUTHERAN CHURCH QUILTS - PART I


These were made by a group of ladies at the First Lutheran Church.  Last year they made 57 quilts that were donated to the Lutheran World Relief.  They are pushing for 60 this year.  Also, they make more quilts to sell at the sale.  All the money from the sale goes to buy supplies to make more quilts.  But, they aren't done yet.  If anyone loses their home from fire or whatever, they give the family a quilt.  It does not have to be a member of their church or any church.  If they live in Lyons or the surrounding area and they lose their home - they give them a free quilt.  Now, like me, you think they have a large group of ladies that make these.  Wrong !!!!  There are six ladies, sometimes two more help, that do this - but that's it.  I couldn't believe that small number did such great things.  Some of their quilts are all hand done and some they do on a sewing machine.  Each person does what they want.  By the way, all these that I show in my posts are still for sale, if anyone is interested.  I have their name, address and phone number.  I told them I would tell you folks on my blog in case you are interested.  Their prices are more than reasonable.

8 comments:

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope you enjoy these quilts this morning. There are more on tomorrow and I will the rest maybe next week or the week after.

Got Pierre groomed yesterday. I am going to get my hair cut today.

Marilyn

Tom said...

Pretty active group of quilters! Lots of great colors. Tom The Backroads Traveller

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Tom,
They are a pretty active group. I couldn't believe all they do. Beautiful work too.

Marilyn

Evie said...

How dedicated of the Ladies and thoughtful giving quilts to the needy
You are right about the prices!
The red star one is stunning

Marilyn could you please ask Jean/ Anna/ Martha /Grand Mother Olive if they have any hints and tips on quilting both machine and by hand it would be very useful as I have been meaning to start one and I have the fabric.I am sure others may also find it useful
Thank you

Evie

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Evie,
Those ladies sure do a lot to help others. I couldn't believe their prices.

I will ask our ladies your questions for you. Someone else asked questions about quilting a while back. Maybe I can get one of them to do a post on quilting.

Marilyn

Evie said...

Thank you Marilyn
I would appreciate that

Evie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Many many hundreds of hours of work to bless others. Thank the ladies for their love and care, please. Blessings, Carol

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Carol,
I will when I get their way again. I couldn't believe all they do.

Marilyn