Wednesday, May 6, 2015

JEAN'S GLAZED STRAWBERRY PIE

JEAN'S GLAZED STRAWBERRY PIE

1 baked 9" pastry pie shell
1 1/2 quarts fresh strawberries
1/2 Cup water
1 Cup sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp butter
Whipped Cream

Wash, drain and hull strawberries.  Place 1 quart strawberries in pastry shell.  Crush 1/2 quart berries and combine with water, sugar and cornstarch in pan.  Bring to boil and boil 2 minutes or until clear. Add butter.  Spoon over whole berries making sure all berries are covered.  Cool.  Serve with whip cream.

Fruits and vegetables will be coming up soon - so I thought I would put on more fresh fruit and fresh vegetable recipes.   Jean

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea to put on recipes made with fresh fruits and vegetables! Thanks - Chris

Tom said...

Yum! Tom The Backroads Traveller

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Chris,

Will see that Jean gets your message.

Marilyn

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Tom,

Sure sounds good to me, too.

Marilyn

Willow's Quiet Corner said...

Oh my gosh! This sounds perfect! I wish I had some strawberries right now! I will have to pick some up at the Farmer's Market this weekend! Thanks so much for this recipe, Jean!

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Willow's Quiet Corner,

Glad you liked the recipe. Will see that Jean gets your message.

Marilyn

Countryside Reflections said...

I love strawberries. I can't wait to make a strawberry pie. This sounds delicious.

Doreen

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Doreen,

Hope you enjoy it. I don't think I have ever had a strawberry pie.

Marilyn