Tuesday, February 23, 2016

ANNA IS BACK !!!

Thought I would put a post on here before you thought I was unable to.  I can not thank everybody enough for all they did for me.  Poor Elmer, I think I scared him really bad, when he realized I broke my leg.  My lesson is to NEVER get up on a ladder again.

Medical wise, I am getting the same treatment in Pinecraft as I was up north.  As, up north, they wanted to send someone to help be dress, bath, etc.  I told Olive I really didn't want that.  So Olive told them.  They said they had to do that.  Olive told them that they did not and that she had given baths to people and children since she was about 10 years old and 70 years later, she could still do it.  That ended the lady coming.

Actually Olive doesn't bath me, I can do that.  But Olive got a medical seat that fits in the tub that I sit on with my leg over the side.  Either Olive, Fanny, Emma or Elmer get me on the seat and help me out.  Albert came up with the idea and had medical bars put on the bath tub to help getting in and out.  He also had them put in next to the toilet.  Elmer and I wanted to pay him for them, but he said no,  At his and Olive's age, they should have them in there anyway.

The physical thearapy people come to help me on getting around, but now that I have that electric chair, it helps.  They tried to get me walking on crutches, but I didn't do well with them, so they are asking the doctor when he changes the cast, to put on a walking cast.  I wouldn't be going far or on long walks, but it would get me out of a chair and moving more.  So well shall see.

When we came to Florida, I thought my days would be stuck inside all the time, but I was far from wrong.  With that electric chair I go most anywhere - to dinners, crafts, listen to music, get ice cream cones, - just about everywhere.  Elmer says he wishes he had one of these we could use when we get back up north.  If I still need one when we get home, Elmer is going to see if he can rent one somewhere.

Olive, Fanny, Emma, Albert, Amos, Eli and Elmer have done so much for me.  But, they know if it was reversed, I would be there helping them.  Also, Olive does not let me sit around all day doing nothing.  She lets me help with meals, and makes sure that I get outside and go places.  Also, she makes sure I get a nap in the afternoon.  Naps are hard for me, as I am use to working most of the day at home.  Olive says that this break needs healing and rest - more rest that I would normally need.  When the break is all healed, I will be back to my old self doing chores I normally do, but for now I need an extra rest during the day.  So I try to take an hour or so nap in the afternoon.

Elmer and I are so glad that I am under Olive's supervision.  She doesn't let me do anything I am not suppose, too, but again she doesn't let me sit around all the time.

Fanny, Olive, Emma and I started a quilt.  We thought it would be a nice gift for one of the local charities.  They can auction it off and all the money goes to the charity.  The men set up a table for us on the porch and we use the dining table when we work inside.  Usually we do it inside as the porch is kind of small with all of us working at the same time - the dining table gives us more room.

Also, am glad we gave our tickets for that tourist trip to Eli's parents.  So glad that they will enjoy it.
We are planning on staying longer and thought we might be putting Jean and her family out.  Olive said they can come anytime.  Well, most anytime and not to worry.  Even Jean and David told us to stay as long as we want.  Elmer and I know that they won't come during planting season or harvest.  Still they tell us not to worry.

Eli is again, trying to get Elmer and I to buy the cottage he has.  Actually he has two, the one his parents live in and this one.  Elmer and Eli are having a contractor come and look at it to see if it would be more reasonable to remodel the cottage or tear it down a build a new one.  The cottage Eli's parents are in, is a fairly new one.  They torn the old cottage and built the one that is there now.  Eli said he would sell it to us for what he paid for it.  Prices have gone up, but, as Eli and Elmer are close friends, he wants us to buy that one.

On the other hand, Elmer said we paid so much for the farm we built up north.  He doesn't want to cut our money short.  We really don't need a cottage for what little we stay, but on the other hand, we can rent while we are not there, once we get it fixed up.  No one will give us a better deal for a cottage than Eli will on this one.  So we are going back and forth here.  I think the contractor coming out and looking at it, will probably make the decision - I hope.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.  Even though we have not met in person, we are like family.  Elmer and I really appreciate them and you are in our prayers.

Trust God's Wisdom,
Anna


11 comments:

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning, Marilyn. What a lovely post from Anna! I'm so glad that everyone is pitching in to help her have a great time. I'm not feeling 100% these days, I think that I need Grandma Olive. She sounds like a woman that gets people taken care of! LOL

Vanssmomc said...

Good Morning Marilyn, So glad to hear from Anna and that she is doing well. I agree with Angela, I think we could all do with Grandma Olive in our lives. Grandma Olive sounds like such a wonderful person. I would say don't mess with Grandma Olive. How is Pierre doing? Have a wonderful day, Cathy in Webster

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Angela,
So happy to get a post from Anna. Hope you feel better. I will keep you in my prayers. Will see that Anna and Grandmother Olive get your message.

Marilyn

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Cathy,
You are right - you don't mess with Grandmother Olive. Will see that Anna and Grandmother Olive get your message.

Pierre is doing well. Hope to get that cyst off next month.

Marilyn

Vickie said...

Anna, it is so nice to read of the loving care you are getting. And the rest. Good.I never knew that Elmer and Anna prayed for us too! Wow. Would any or all of you pray that my epidural injection tomorrow goes well. I have degenerative disc disease in my neck. I have constant pressure and pain. I sure hope the injection takes this away.

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Vickie,
I will ask Elmer and Anna to pray for you. Also, I think a lot of us on NYSOM will be praying for you to. Hope the injection will make the pain go away.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're doing well and under the wonderful+loving care of Grandmother Olive. The Lord works through those who are His own for our good and for His glory. Blessings to you, Elmer, and all the "family"in Florida-Carol

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Carol,
I will see that Anna gets your message. So glad she is doing well, too.

Marilyn

littlemancat said...

Wonderful to hear from Anna! I'm so glad that she's doing well and enjoying her Florida days. It's a big decision to buy a house there, but this does sound really good.
I love the idea of a community of friends keeping one another in prayers and positive thoughts.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Anna, for the wonderful post. I just love reading all of these posts. Wish we could all adopt Grandmother Olive. Pinecraft sounds like a wonderful community to spend some time in during the winter. Will we get to see a photo of the finished quilt? Hope so.
Blessings to Elmer, Anna, and all "the family" in Pimecraft.

Dynna said...

It is so good to hear from Anna. So happy that all is going well, for all of them in Fla. I keep them and you, Marilyn in my prayers. Vickie, I am reading this after your injection but will keep you in prayer now. I wish everyone a good weekend. Hug Pierre for me, Marilyn and hugs to you also.