Friday, August 26, 2016
PIERRE'S - " THE BARK" - TODAY IS: DOG DAY
National Dog Day is to celebrate all breeds of dogs, pure and mixed and serves to help the public realize the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year, from public shelters rescues, and pure breed rescues. Dog Day also honors family dogs, and dogs that work selflessly to save lives, keep people safe and bring comfort. Dogs put their lives on the line every day - for their police partner, for the blind, for the disabled, for our freedom, and safety by detecting bombs and drugs and pulling victims of tragedy from accidents.
This day is also to encourage people to help prevent dog abuse, killing dogs, puppy mills and to prevent certain "Breed Band." Also to encourage people to adopt their dog from a dog rescue,
How can you celebrate DOG DAY:
1. Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue group.
2. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it is safe for your dog.
3. Donate blankets, food or toys to your local animal shelter.
4. Write your Congressman asking he/or she support the ban of Puppy Mills.
5. Have a dog party and invite all her friends and their dogs.
6. Spend the day taking photos of your dog.
7. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
8. Have a portrait painted of your dog.
9. Buy your dog a new dog toy ,,. or two ... or five.
10. Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a doggy play resort.
11. Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
12. Give your dog a massage.
13. Teach your dog a new trick.
14. Buy your dog a new collar or leash.
15. Take your dog to the beach.
Today is Pierre's operation day. Poor guy doesn't know what's going to happen. He is taking everything calm. Mom is the one that is so nervous. Will let you know how everything goes.
Again, thank you for your prayers.
Pierre is at the vets. I am also having a chip put in him in case he gets lost or stolen. Never did that before. I trust the vet. Have been going to her for a long time. I feel better that she is going the surgery than someone else. I am also praying. Was told to call her at 1:00, but I don't know if I can wait that long.
Just called vet at 11:30 AM and they have not operated on him yet. They had others they had to operate on today, too. Told me to call back after 1:00.
It is 12:34 and the vet's office just called. Pierre came through his surgery well. Praise God. I am to call back at 2:00 and they will tell me when I can pick him up.
I laid down and fell asleep and didn't wake until 3:00. Called vet. Pierre is ready to come home.
Pierre is home. I walked him a very short walk and he did his duties. Fed him a little bit - will feed him more later. He is a bit groggy right now. Has a good size suture where the vet cut. Am so glad he is here. Hope he heals well.