Saturday, November 26, 2016

COBBLESTONE STRUCTURES IN UPPER NEW YORK

On May 30, 2013, I put on a post called Cobblestone Buildings - In Upstate New York.  Several of you seemed interested in it.

Well, a friend of mine, recently started his own blog called Cobblestone Structures in Upper New York in which he has pictures of cobblestone structures and when he can, tells of the history of the building.

Richard said, (not the same Richard that started New York State of Mind) said he wasn't getting many people responding.  I explained that people have to find you.  So, I am giving you the information, if you are interested in Cobblestone Buildings.

To get to his blog go to: www.cobblestonestructures.blogspot.com

Richard has a picture or two, I took, on his blog.  Think you will really enjoy it.

Marilyn


4 comments:

Tom said...

We have so many wonderful cobblestones in this area.

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Tom,

Yes, we do.

Marilyn

Vanssmomc said...

Good morning Marilyn, thank you for posting this information. We do have so many beautiful cobblestone houses in this area and their history is fascinating. My husband and I both get excited when we pass one when we are out and about in our travels. We were able to go in one during an estate sale out in North Chili, but it was in really rough shape, hopefully the person who bought the farm will be able to restore the home. I was amazed at the thickness of the walls. Thanks again, Cathy in Webster

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Cathy,
You are welcome. I hope you go to his blog. I forgot to mention it is by county. Cobblestone houses are beautiful and you are right, the history is fascinating. I love to see them, some are right in my town and the surrounding area. It must have been great to go into that house.

Marilyn