Wednesday, November 9, 2016

PICTURE TRIBUTE TO: MY FRIEND RANDY










This is a tribute to my friend Randy.  He took LOTS of pictures.  The first picture is of himself. He was a man of very few words, very kind and spoke mostly through pictures.  He wouldn't like that here, but he is gone with the Lord, now.  The rest, I think explain themselves.  Picture nine was the fellow he had sitting in his yard every year for Halloween.  He didn't sit there this year.  The last picture is of Randy's famous cheese cake.  This is homemade from scratch - none of that box stuff.  The first time he offered me a piece, I was too polite to tell him I hate cheese cake.  When I tasted it, I couldn't believe how delicious is was.  On his Birthday, he made his own cheese cake birthday cake.  His Mother offered too, but he told her his was better than hers.  Now his Mom is a great cook - but - his cheese cakes are better than hers.  Wish I could have a piece of his cheese cake right now.  I miss you Randy. Rest in Peace.

I am in shock this morning.  Donald Trump was elected President.  Really had a hard time voting because I didn't know who to vote for, but I did vote.  What do you think ?

10 comments:

Tom said...

Very nice Marilyn, I'm sure that he is pleased.

Vanssmomc said...

Good Morning Marilyn, a beautiful tribute to your friend Randy. Cathy in Webster

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Tom,
I hope he is. Glad you like it.

Marilyn

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Cathy,

Thank you. He was a great friend and neighbor.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Nice tribute to your friend. Thanks for sharing.
As far as Mr. Trump's election, this country will need to take this new presidency one day at a time. God is in control. As true born-again Christians we must not let up in our prayers for him and those he chooses for his Cabinet. We must never put our trust in anyone or anything else but God alone. Follow Him faithfully, obediently, lovingly;interceding for this country and the world. Blessings, Carol

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Carol,
Thank you for the compliment. He was a nice neighbor and friend.
Thank you for telling about the president. God is in control. We should pray and follow the Lord. We sometimes forget that at times like this and we shouldn't.

Blessings to you and yours,
Marilyn

Unknown said...

Marilyn, I'm sorry for your loss. I know you are going to miss your friend.

I am in shock over the presidential outcome, as well. God bless our country these next four years!!

Vickie said...

Very nice pictures you shared from your friend Randy.

I was in shock also this morning Marilyn. I really could not believe he won. I have never not voted for a president before this year. It saddened me to do so, but I do not support either candidate.

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Folks,
I guess we all had a shocker yesterday morning. I had to go to another friend's viewing yesterday. Two of my friends in a row.

Marilyn

prairie said...

About the election, Marilyn; this is what I wrote to my friends after much prayer and pondering of the current situation in our nation:

If we don’t hang together this election, we will most assuredly hang separately. The Democrat's next move will be to eliminate all opposition to their policies. Only one man can stop that now.

A vote for anyone but Trump is a vote for Hillary.

The GOP hasn’t fought the DNC on much for decades. We aren’t used to seeing a fight in politics until this year, until Trump picked up the gauntlet. Trump is a street fighter and we’re finally seeing what a real political battle looks like. Trump is a warrior in the same sense as were McArthur and Patton, except in a different arena. Politics is no place for the faint of heart or the Puritan.

We’re opposing people to whom the end (the death of the US Constitution) justifies the means (Dirty Tricks).

We are only months away from losing freedom of religion, speech and the right to bear arms.

The DNC has taken the fight to the sewers. We don’t want to go there but Trump will. He’ll fight them anywhere they like. How refreshing!

Is he perfect? No. Is he honest? Yes. Can we trust him? Yes. He’s the man for the hour.

So, if you're worried about how the election worked out, don't be. Just stand ready to help a man who has given up a posh life of retirement to take the people's voice to Washington. Think: Davy Crockett.