Saturday, September 9, 2017

WHERE ARE OUR FLORIDA FRIENDS ??

Just thought you would like to know that:

Grandmother Olive and Grandfather Albert are at Jean's house.  They were up here to see family and have extended their stay in light of hurricanes.

Bishop Eli's Mother, Step-Father and family widow friend are staying at Eli's house.  After reading the newspaper and talking to neightbors - they decided to get out.

Porter, his wife and all but one of his sons are out of Florida.  The one son that is staying is a minister and is staying in the parsonage of his church with his wife and family.

That is the report I have right now.

There is a little humor to this.  Elmer and Anna had decided to putchase that house at Pinecraft that Bishop Eli owned and wanted to sell.  The closing was last week.  Elmer was saying now he owns a piece of property that is going to be flooded and blown off the map.


Marilyn

10 comments:

littlemancat said...

Oh dear,Elmer! Thank you so much, Marilyn, for relaying this to us. Prayers and thoughts for everyone in this frightening,dangerous storm.
I hope that you are recovering at a good pace. In my thoughts,prayers.
Mary

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Mary,
Elmer was laughing when he told me, so I don't think he's taking it to hard. All prayers are appreciatd for these hurricans area.

Thank you for asking. I am coming a long slow, but sure. thank you for keeping me in your prayers.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of Jean's grandparents, Bishop Eli's parents etc with this on-coming storm, praying all in it's path-people, animals, property, will survive the onslaught. Thanks for the info, and prayers continue for all. Blessings, Carol

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Carol,
Glad they got out, but there are a lot of people there that need our prayers. They say the head hit has changed to Tampa - I have relatives living there and in St. Petersburg.

Hope you don't mind I changed the trim color. I got sick of the last color. Of course my being color blind doesn't help.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Thank you Marilyn for the update. Hope you are getting better. Praying folks in FL will be OK. Carol in SC

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Carol,
Things are getting better for me slow but sure. I am concerned about your state, too.

Marilyn

Vanssmomc said...

Good afternoon Marilyn, so glad to hear that everyone is safe, but so many are staying put and will need prayers. Elmer has such a wonderful sense of humor. One must put one's faith in God, he will provide. Cathy in Webster

Tom said...

...Elmer, I hope not.

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Folks,
I have been watcing the news. Prayers are needed in Florida. Food, water, etc. is being packed to be sent to Florida when the hurricane is over. PEople are working to help already.

Marilyn

Rosemary said...

Thank you, thank you for the update on our friends. Praying for everyone in Florida.