Monday, October 16, 2017

ELMER AND ANNA ARE GONE AND BACK !!

After Anna and I bought the place in Florida, and the hurricane came through, we decided we should go down and take a look at it.  By the time we got there Eli's parents were back there and Jean's grandparents were there, so we had folks around there.

We are trying to decide if we should remodel the place or tear it down and build a new one.  The one Eli's parents live in had originally been torn down and a new one built which they live in now. The one we have is a one story, two bedroom, one bathroom place.  What we would like is a three or four bedroom cottage with 2 or 3 bathrooms, central heat and air, etc.

I should have said what I want.  Anna says we are wasting money.  We are not moving in it all year around or even all winter.  So if our children want to come, they can come when we aren't there and have the whole place.  She also feels, we should use it a couple of years before we go making all these big changes.  The one thing we DO agree on is central heat and air would be nice.

So, I guess I will take Anna's advice and stay in there to see how we like it and what changes we should make.  It does need to be painted on the inside and out, which I did part of while we were there.  I held painting the outside until a time Eli would be there - we could both do the job together.

Inside Anna picked a lighter color paint on the walls.  She took the drapes down on all the windows except our bedroom and the bathroom - she measured them.  Up here she is going to make new, lighter color drapes to go on the windows down there.  Just the paint made the rooms look lighter.  Instead of replacing the whole kitchen, when we come back again, we are going to buy a new stove and refrigerator.  Whether we keep the cottage as it is or rebuild another the stove and refrigerator will fit in either.  If we decide to keep the cottage this size, the kitchen has to be replaced and so does the bathroom.   Anna using her ladies touch sure made the place lighter and brighter.

When I left, I gave Michael a few jobs to do while I was gone.  I told him I counted on him to do the jobs while I was gone.  Could have called someone else to do the jobs, but I chose him.  He did both the jobs and something came on another job of mine and he took care of that for me, too.  I was proud of him, and told him.


Trust God's Wisdom,
Elmer


8 comments:

Tom said...

...listen to Anna!

Vanssmomc said...

Good morning Marilyn, Anna knows best. Cathy in Webster

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Tom and Cathy,

I agree with you both. Anna knows best.

Marilyn

Vickie said...

Ha ha! I was thinking what Tom was thinking. ;)

I am glad Michael came through on the work.

Rosemary said...

So glad Michael did what was asked for and more.

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning EVeryone,

Will see that Elmer and Anna get all your posts.

Marilyn

Dynna said...

Enjoyed Elmer's post and go happy to hear Michael did the jobs and even extra. I would be thinking more like Anna about the cottage.

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Dynnamae n,
Glad Michael was doing Elmer's jobs,too. I think most everyone likes Anna about the cottage. Women know about those things.

Marilyn