Tuesday, November 28, 2017

ELMER'S POST

Well here I am to tell you about so many things and now I can't remember them all.  Let's see.  We have found out some things about out our cottage.  Someone who was down n Florida took a picture of our place - and there weren't any windows in it.  There was a whole lot of contruction material around the outside.  I hear it's advanced and there are windows in it.



We had dinner waiting on Halloween Night as that is Michael and my birthday.  I wasn't sure he was going to make it, but Anna said he would.  Anna was right - he showed up on time.  We also invited Jean, David and the rest of the family.  Michael came right at dinner time.  We all had a nice dinner and exchanged gifts.  All of us, were glad that he came.

I know he is going through a tough time right nice trying to decide if he should stay Mennonite or go Englisher.  He doesn't want to be a horse and buggy Mennonite, if he goes that way.  He wants to become are more modern, car driving Mennonite.  It is also hard on the his family, too.  We pray that he will be shown the correct way.

Also, we had a nice Thanksgiving this year as we do every year.  I think Anna enjoyed this one a little better as instead of cooking the whole dinner all she had to was bring a dish to pass as our daughters did the rest.  Of course, Anna did not set around.  She helped set up the dinner and cleaning when it was done.

Think I have everything on here I am suppose to.  If not will put on next time.

Trust God's Wisdom,
Elmer

4 comments:

Tom said...

...Elmer join the group, the older you get to harder time you have remembering things!

Vickie said...

Thanks for sharing Elmer. I am glad to hear you both had a nice birthday celebration. Good for Anna having just a bit less work this Thanksgiving.

littlemancat said...

Glad to hear from you Elmer,and happy that Michael came to the birthday celebration. It's hard when you're young - I think sometimes we forget that - hope he finds his way and that it's a good way.
Mary

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Folks,

I will see that Elmer gets all your comments and I know he appreciates them.

Marilyn