Friday, December 22, 2017

ELMER'S CHRISTMAS POST

Sometimes it is great knowing Bishop Eli as your friend and sometimes - well I wonder.  When he needs someone to call when he has a problem come up, he calls me.  Now,  really, I am kidding.  He is my closed friend, outside of Anna of course.  I am willing to help Eli whenever I can as Bishop or friend.  Really I was the fourth person he contacted yesterday.  I was his last straw.

Our people were suppose to pack up Christmas Baskets for people.  The man that was suppose to do it came down the flu.  The second one wasn't home.  The third man had also come down with the flu. So I was I called.  The ladies had the packages packed,  and the baskets were to be delivered.  Some we took by horse and buggy, some we hired John and Dot to deliver for us in their van.  Someone has to organize to see everything got to the right place at the right time.  That was me. 

It all was done and came out right.  What you might not know is when we deliver, we like to it when they can't see us.  Just to leave the Christmas Baskets as a gift from the Lord.  We don't want people to know who delivered it.  If they are Amish, they can usually figure out who left it.  But, with Englishers, we just want our baskets to be  left.  Usually we deliver in the evening or early morning, but with the snow coming and we weren't sure how much, Bishop Eli thought we better deliver when the roads were safe in case of snow.  So that is what we did. When we do this, we feel that we helping others and doing the work of the Lord.

So that was what I was doing yesterday.  There were lots of people, but someone has to boss, and I was the boss. 

Which leads to my message for Christmas this year.  It may be a repeat of what I have said before.  Pierre said it this year, as he does every year, to remember the pets this Christmas.  Well, remember others this year.

I know there are people out there that need help this Christmas.  Some are to proud to ask.  Maybe they need a Christmas basket of food, maybe they need someone to sit with someone while they get a break, maybe they need someone to talk to, maybe they need repairs, maybe they need money, maybe they are alone and would like to sit down to dinner with a family or friends,  maybe they need prayers.  Help someone.  We can't help everyone in the world, but I the Lord leads us to people who need OUR help, not someone elses.

Money is tight and I understand you might not have money to help others in a big way.  You might be having your own problems this year.  But you can pray.  Maybe you know someone who doesn't know the Lord - pray for them.  Maybe you know someone who is looking for work - pray for them.  Prayers do more than all the money in the world.

I am not saying you shouldn't help others  financially or food wise if you can.  But if you don't, prayer has more power that we ourselves know.   The Lord has done so much for us, He gave us His only begotton son. 

So Merry Christmas to all of you out there from all us back here.

Trust God's Wisdom,
Elmer


We got together to make this post today, so I put it on today..

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE
Marilyn










10 comments:

Tom said...

...Elmer, a nice message. Merry Christmas!

Vickie said...

Thank you for this Elmer. Merry Christmas!

New York State Of Mind said...

Good morning Tom,
Will see Elmer gets your message. Merry Christmas to you and yours,

Marilyn

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Vickie,

I wil see that Elmer gets your message, too. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Have thought of getting another poodle ? LOL

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your words, Elmer. And thanks for posting, Marilyn. A most Blessed Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year.
It is so true that prayer is powerful. And isn't it wonderful that there is no distance in prayer either. Blessings, Carol

Heritage Hall said...

When you extend your hand filled with love and caring, the Lord
sees to it that it returns to you filled with the blessings of light
and peace...and a sweet sense of contentment. Bless you Elmer and
Marilyn for the wisdom you share through the year.. A most blessed
Christmastide to you and yours and all who visit here...

C said...

Merry Christmas to you all! Chris

littlemancat said...

Thank you Elmer and Marilyn for the good messages you send out. It IS appreciated. And to little Pierre too!
A Merry Christmas to all,
Mary

Dynna said...

Merry Christmas to one and all. I always appreciate Elmer's words of wisdom. Thankful for your blog, Marilyn and everyone who contributes in it.

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Folks,
I will see that Elmer gets your messages. Also, I think you for the well wishes and Merry Christmas'.

Merry Christmas,
Marilyn and Pierre