Thursday, February 15, 2018

CURLING ON THE ERIE CANAL








Curling is an ancient game on ice founded in Scotland.  Every year the Rochester Curling Club is invited to our town to play.  The previous last time they were here was in 2014.  Canal has to be iced over and firm before they can play and this year is the first time in four years they could play. Most of these pictures are from February 21, 2014 as the walkway down to the canal was iced over and I didn't want to take a chance of falling.  From the top I couldn't get good pictures - so I dug these pictures up of four years ago.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looks like you've got some serious curlers there. I enjoyed the photos even if they weren't from this year.

Vanssmomc said...

Good morning Marilyn, wonderful pictures of the curling on the Erie Canal. I don't think our weather will cooperate this year for them to do this again, definitely some passionate curlers and we've enjoyed watching it on the Olympics. Cathy in Webster

Tom said...

...I remember being there!

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Bonnie,
Oh, thre are serious curlers there. Sorry, I couldn't get new pictures this year.

Marilyn

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Cathy,
The curlers were last weekend. It's just I couldn't get close enough to get good pictures that I did four years ago. Glad you enjoyed them on the Olympics.

Marilyn

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Tom,

I remember that and I was there, too. We didn't run into each other that day.

Marilyn