Tuesday, March 13, 2018

MY LATEST AFRICAN VIOLET









A friend of mine's Mother went into a nursing home.  She had these two African Violet plants in one pail.  When I was offered them I didn't turn them down.  I have to repot these.  When she spoke with me on the phone she told me to use coffee on them.  As her mind is not what it use to be, I contacted the African Violet Club.  They explained that instead of fetilizer some older people use coffee.  It's cost is much less than commercial fertilizer and it works just as well.  So these get some coffee.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...the last time that I had African Violets they looked like this. I hope that yours come along.

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Tom,

I have three others that are doing fine. Am not sure about this one, though.

Marilyn

littlemancat said...

Wow, it has such pretty blue flowers, but need a lot of TLC which I know you're going to give it. Lots of deadheading to do as well. Hope it (they) make it.
Mary
PS - is it coffee grounds or liquid coffee that she used?

Vickie said...

I NEVER heard of coffee for African Violets before! They look like they will be beautiful eventually.
Please tell us how Porter is doing?

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Mary,
Liquid coffee. Just a little bit. When ever she got to the bottom of the cup of coffee, she dumped a little underneath the violets. I hope it makes it, too.

Marilyn

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Vickie,
I had never heard of it either that's why I contacted the African Violet Society. They need help, but I hope they make it.

Porter is back on the job. He is on the same run.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Marilyn! Blessings, Carol