Thursday, March 15, 2018

PORTER IS BACK ON AMTRAK

Hi Folks,
Here is a note from Porter to us.  He called me on his cell phone as he was on the train.
Marilyn

I am back on my Amtrak Train.  This is my second week since the accident.  It was kind of different on this train from the other- some workers have been changed - some are the same. 

Before I got on here, Amtrak asked me if I would rather be on another train.  A train thar went some place else.  I said no.  On this train, I know people - fellow workers , some passengers.  So I am on the same Amtrak.  Some chose to change to other Amtrak as they didn't want to go on this one because of the accident. This is the one that runs back to where I live, so it's the best with me.

Passengers that knew I was on the accident Amtrak ask me all sorts of questions.  This Amtrak is a new one.  It's so nice, clean  and - brand new.  Still some small things go wrong with it.  Some things are different. 

I had trouble sleeping on it the first few nights, but I am use to it now.  A group of us workers who were Christian got together on the train and prayed for her.  Prayed for the passengers.  Prayed she would be a safe train - not have an accident like the last one.  Prayed that God would watch over the train and us.  Then we got all the passengers on it.  So far, our prayers have been answered and she is a safe train..

Thank you again, to me, my family and those that lost their life on the  previous train. It ment so much to all of us.

God's Blessings,
Porter


8 comments:

Tom said...

...good news!

Vanssmomc said...

Good morning Marilyn, wonderful news. Cathy in Webster

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Tom,

That is good news. Are you back here or still in Hawaii?

Marilyn

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Cathy,

That is good news !!!

Marilyn

Heritage Hall said...

Wonderful news from this courageous and Godly man.
Anyone riding his train is blessed, indeed....

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Heritage Hall,

I agree with all you said. I will see that he gets all your messages.

Marilyn

Vickie said...

So very glad to hear that you are doing well Porter. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Porter! God be with you always, Carol