Tuesday, April 17, 2018

ELMER'S POST

Anna says I am driving her crazy.  I am pacing back and forth.  I want to go plowing.  Of course, I couldn't Sunday it being the Lord's Day, but even if it had been a week day, I couldn't have because of the rain and icy weather.

Bishop Eli cancelled church service Sunday. Actually, he did it on Saturday.  He felt the roads would be too icy.  Didn't want anyone getting hurt on the way to service or on the way home. Said we will have it next week at the same people's home.

Today, as I give Marilyn the post, it is raining.  Anna told me to do something.  She didn't care what it was, just get out of her way.  So I decided to give Marilyn the post.  Anna is busy doing the washing, cleaning the house and wanting to know what I wanted for dinner.  It's still morning and she wants to know what I want for dinner!  I can't make decisions like that this early in the day.  If I don't tell her what I want, she will make what she wants - which is fine with me. No matter what she cooks tastes great.  Anna read over my shoulder as she was passing by.  Says I am trying to butter her up.

Anyway, here us farmers are waiting.  Before this weather started, I plowed where Anna has her garden.  That is ready.  Also dug up where she wants to plant some of her flowers.  Anna told me if I want something to do, when I get done with this post, I can go out in her green house and pot some of the plants she wants to sell.  I think she wants me out of the house, so she can get her inside chores done.  So I guess, I will go out there and do that for her.

Trust God's Wisdom,
Elmer








7 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm afraid that spring is on hold!

Vickie said...

This post has me smiling. ;)
We have five inches of snow on top of an inch of ice here. No Spring for a while yet in Wisconsin.

Anonymous said...

First of all, many thanks for the info, and
your point of view. I can appreciate this blogging site and specifically this particular
blog post. At this time, Personally i think I trash
far too much time on the web, studying junk,
generally. This is a refreshing differ from that experience.
Still, I think that examining other people's good ideas is a very important investment
of at least some of my regular allotment of amount of time in my routine.
It's much like looking into the chaff to find the
gold. Or, whatever example performs best for you. Still, sitting in front of the home computer is probably as bad for you as cigarettes and fried chips.

littlemancat said...

Oh dear...
I very much enjoyed Elmer's post and understand his frustration with not being able to do the garden work he needs to do.
His comments about what he might want for dinner and letting it up to Anna also struck a chord. My husband used to do the same.
Then I started offering just a couple of choices and that seemed to help - ha,ha!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Elmer has Cabin Fever. Understandable! Carol in SC

Anonymous said...

Great post, Elmer! Made me laugh! It certainly seems to have been a long Winter so far. We're looking for a bit more snow here in the higher elevations in Eastern NYS. They say we won't see 60 degrees until Monday.
Here's a little song from when my kids were young-
"Have patience, have patience, don't be in such a hurry.
If you are impatient you only start to worry.
Remember, remember, that God is patient too;
And think of all the times that others have to wait for you."
Can't remember the name of the children's program where it originated, but kudos to those who composed it anyway. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Blessings to all and keep warm๐Ÿ˜„, Carol

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Folks,
I have seen that Elmer has gotten all your messages. He laughed at them saying how true, how true.

Marilyn