Wednesday, August 29, 2018

CORNING MUSEUM OF GLASS - GLASS BARGE







Yesterday afternoon, I went to see the Glass Barge that was sent by Corning Museum of Glass.  This Barge is going up and down the Erie Canal showing how glass items are made.  I have another post showing a vase being made that I will put on.  I had made my reservations last month, so I went up to the tent and claimed my ticket.  Some people hadn't done that and were filling out forms and waiting to see if we had room for them or not on the barge - we did.  I think the heat had something to do with it and some cancelled.  I thought of it, but I couldn't cancel - I had to see this.

The top picture is of the tent we went to get our tickets.  The second is the car that some of the people drove to Palmyra and worked on the barge.  The rest of the pictures are of the barge.

I had been to Corning and to the museum and seen glass made, but that was many years ago.  Was really interested in seeing it again.  The barge was very interesting.

6 comments:

Tom said...

...that looks like a great display, I'm sorry that I missed it.

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Tom,

Sorry you missed it. It was a great display.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

My parents took us to the glass works many yrs ago. Glad you were determined to participate in this event. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Carol

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Carol,
I went many years ago, too. Glad I went to this event, too. Glad you liked the sharing.

Blessings to you and yours,
Marilyn

William Kendall said...

The barge looks quite different from what you'd expect. My parents once went to the glassworks when they were vacationing in the area.

New York State Of Mind said...

Hello William,
When I saw it wasn't what I expected either. I hope you parents enjoyed seeing the glassworks.

Marilyn