Monday, March 25, 2019

ZIGGY'S CAR GARAGE TORN DOWN





Ziggy's car garage was a place you took your car for repair.  Years ago, it was a gas station, then an ice cream shop, then gas station again and then Ziggy bought it and I think he added on to the original building for his car garage.  He retired a few years ago and had the place up for sale.  It finally sold. unfortunately this building had to come down.  A dentists is building a new building there for office.

A funny story is Ziggy, his brothers and parents lived across the street from the house I grew up in.  So, we all knew each others.  Years later, we were all grew up and I was in an organization that Ziggy's Mother was in.  Someone came inside where we were meeting and said there was something wrong with my car.  Ziggy's Mom said to take the car to Ziggy's garage.  So after the meeting, I went down to Ziggy's.  When I got there he had just put in another and said he was very busy.  I would have to make an appointment to bring my car in.  Then I told Ziggy his Mom sent me.  Out went the other car and in went my car.  He fixed it and gave it right back to me with no charge.  I thanked him and thanked for taking the car so fast.  He said if he didn't take care of a car his Mom sent,  right away, she would have killed him.

Sadly another vintage building going down for a new one.

4 comments:

Tom said...

...it's always good to know someone or that they know you!

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Tom,

It sure does.

Marilyn

littlemancat said...

Cute story, Marilyn! Ziggy knew what he had to do! And yes, sad the building with its memories is coming down, but at least another business will be there. I see all these empty buildings around where they've moved just a few miles away and built a new one! I hate to see that.
Mary

William Kendall said...

It doesn't take a long while for demolition to happen at a place like that.