Saturday, November 21, 2020

WEAVER'S FARM MARKET











Weaver's Farm Market in Canandaigua, New York was started by Daniel Weaver and his family. They are Amish and moved here from PA.  Since they started, they own a few stores, this being the newest.  I first came upon this as a roadside stand,  Then there was a small building and now this much larger store.  For payment they only take cash or checks - no credit cards. All the food that is grown is from local farmers and natural grown.  The baked goods are all Amish made.   The ladies working there allowed me to take pictures.  I will have more pictures later.  This being my birthday, I like to have something new or different on. .  

10 comments:

Granny_J said...

Happy Birthday Marilyn. That looks like a great market for fresh vegetables.

Tom said...

...I best check it out.

Diann said...

Have a great birthday, Marilyn!
Stay healthy!

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Granny J,

Thank you so much. It is a great fruit and vegetable market.

Marilyn

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Tom,
You will like it. You take 5 & 20 to 245. It's out a way on the right hand side of the road. It sets back a little way from the road, so if you don't see the sign you might miss it.

Marilyn

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Diann,
Thank you very much. Wondering who snuck that cake on here. I will try and stay healthy. You, too.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Mennonites, not any Amish in that area. Weaver is a Mennonite name.

New York State Of Mind said...

Hello Anonymous,

I didn't know that. I thought it was named after Daniel Weaver. Thank you for the information and correcting me. I do know some Amish that live in that area.

Marilyn

littlemancat said...

Happy belated Birthday,as I commented on the below post, didn't check in on a week-end so missed it.
I think Weaver can be Amish or Mennonite- seems there are both around here in nearby Lancaster county.
We have a beautiful Weaver's Farm Store nearby - it is wonderful. I haven't been out and about too much because of the situation, but sure miss it.
Mary

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Mary,
Thank you for the Birthday wish. The Weaver Farm Store near here is wonderful, too. When I stopped, I was the only car there, but more came while I was there. I wouldn't have stopped if there were a lot of cars there.

Marilyn