Monday, January 29, 2018

ELMER'S POST - FINALLY !!

Hi everyone.  Sorry to be so slow in getting my posts on.  Anna and I are in Pinecraft right now and enjoying the warm sun.  The full timers down here complain about how cold it gets, but they don't come from the north anymore and forget how cold it gets up there.

Anyway, we are in our cottage.  Bishop Eli and Emma are here also.  We finally found out what Anna's Father and her Step-Mother were doing down here.

It started on Christmas when Anna's Father and Step-Mother got us alone.  He started on a little speech about how he always thought us an unusual couple.  I guess on my side because of height.  He said we did things that others wouldn't do (I think he meant like horse back riding and Anna going hunting and fishing).  Anyway, he went on about how we are the only one of his children that didn't have to borrow money from him.  That when we bought our first farm we paid cash.  He went on about we have done the most for him and never asked for anything in return.  I doubt that, I am sure we have asked for something, but anyway.  So finally, he gave Anna a box.  When she opened it, were the keys to our cottage.  He said he hoped we liked what he had done in there.

It took us a while to get there as we had home obligations to take care of.  Eli and Emma wanted to come when we did.  Finally, we got there.  Eli's Mother and Step-Father couldn't wait for us to see it when we arrived.  We almost walked by the place we didn't recognize it.  The once dark, needing a paint job outside, was white with a light blue around the windows.  Windows were larger than the old windows.  Amos, said it had to do with the building inspection.  Since they were remodeling, the windows had to be bigger than the old ones.  The lawn outside that needed help when we were last there was all taken care of - green.  There was even a place ready for Anna to plant some flowers in the front and back.  The dying orange and lemon trees in the back were back to health.  We couldn't believe the place.

Amos, Fanny, Olive and Albert couldn't wait for us to go in.  We walked in.  The once dark inside was bright !  We were in shock.  There was new furniture in the living room. There was even a recliner my size. The walls had all been painted an off white.   In the kitchen it was all done over.  The cupboards were refinished.  New stove, refrigerator, and dining table with chairs.  Even the floor had been replaced.  When Anna opened the refrigerator - it was full.  (We think Amos, Fanny, Olive and Albert had something to do with that). Fanny took us to the first bedroom.  New bedroom furniture, bright color, new flooring - real beautiful. Hall bathroom had all been remodeled and we couldn't believe it. Then she told us to go into the master bedroom ourselves.  Anna walked in and then backed into me behind her.  She said you won't believe this.  You have to see it.  Well, I would when she moved.

The bedroom had a new bedroom set.  Once I saw it, I knew our son had made it.  There was even steps for me to get in it.  There was a bathroom.  We didn't have a private bathroom in there, but we do now.  I can't describe it, it was so beautiful.

Once we got unpacked we called her Father to thank them for it.  When we finally got him, he said you can't take money with you when you go.  Oh, and he wants rights to use the place.  We agreed. Sometimes we still can't believe how beautiful it is after what it was before.  Eli asked me if we were going to keep it or tear it down now.  Anna and I laughed and said we think we'll keep it.  How could we not with such a place and her Father did it for us.

So Anna and I have been enjoying out new cottage.  She, Fanny and Olive went out and bought some flowers to plant.  They also decided where we should put a small garden in, if we decide to.

Eli and I found a few minor things and them we have taken care of.  We found that Anna's father even had new electric and plumbing put it.  Amos, said another thing the building inspector brought up.  Anna and I just like to sit on the porch and watch the folks go by, sometimes.

We thank the Lord for this cottage and Anna's parents for giving this remodeling.

Trust God's Wisdom,
Elmer

P.S.
I have been driving the last couple of days.  There are new posts every day Monday thru Friday this week.
Marilyn

11 comments:

Vanssmomc said...

Good morning Marilyn, so wonderful to have Elmer back again. Would love to see a before and after picture of their cottage. All of this post just goes to show how very loved Elmer and Anna are! Can't wait to see your posts Marilyn. Cathy in Webster

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Cathy,
It is great to have Elmer back again. Will have to ask him about pictures. They are not to much for pictures, so I don't know if he has any or not. Elmer and Anna are loved and are great people. I have posts every day this week and I hope you enjoy them.

Marilyn

Tom said...

...what a wonderful gift!

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Tom,

I agree with you,

Marilyn

Heritage Hall said...

These are dear souls who believe to "trust in God's Wisdom" the
operative word being Trust.... What a delightful happening...

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Heritage Hall,
They are dear souls who trust in the Lord. It is a delightful happening and no one deserves it more.

Marilyn

littlemancat said...

This just makes me so happy. All the love that Elmer and Anna give is being received back to them.
Mary
PS - thanks to those who offered prayers for my husband. He passed on the 18th and is at rest and free.
Mary

New York State Of Mind said...

Good Morning Mary,
I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. You have been and are in my prayers and many others.

Glad it makes you happy that Elmer and Anna giving is given back to them. I will see they get your message.

Marilyn

Vickie said...

Wow! What an amazing, loving gift. I also would love to see a picture.

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Vickie,
Sure glad like the gift. Will see that Elmer and Anna get your message and request.

Marilyn

evie said...

This is lovely such thoughtfulness

Very sorry to hear about Mary's Husband and I send my condolences

evie