Monday, October 1, 2018

DWARFISM MONTH

As we have several new people with New York State of Mind, I feel I should tell why we have awareness to Dwarfism.  Elmer, is a dwarf.  In previous years, he has told about Dwarfism.  This year he will answer any questions anyone has.  He wants people to be aware and know how to react when meeting or seeing someone that has smaller height that most people.  No one should be embarrassed or feel silly to ask any question. Elmer takes no question or comment personally. We will not use anyone that asks a question name or reference.

I love Elmer's reply to the question what people should call him - Dwarf, Midget, or Small Person.
Elmer's answer is: "I prefer you call me Elmer."

7 comments:

Tom said...

...a group of folks you rarely see.

littlemancat said...

I love Elmer's answer and his attitude.
Mary

Heritage Hall said...

Yeah, Elmer...a wise man.

MarkD60 said...

There was a kid in my grade school, he was eating Elmers Glue. The teacher asked him if he was eating Elmers Glue, and he answered "No Ma'am, it's my glue."

fiona said...

I agree with Mary.

William Kendall said...

That is a good answer.

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Everyone,
Elmer thanks you all for the compliments. He really enjoyed the one about the little boy and the glue. He still will answer any questions. I never thought to give you my e-mail if anyone had questions. It's lincolnlady1121@yahoo.com

Marilyn