Saturday, March 2, 2013

I decided to remove the last post I had on.  If it upset people then it should come off.  That really wasn't my idea when I put it on, but I guess it turned out to be that way.  In our area, we don't have have a big Amish or Mennonite tourist area with brochures telling when the Amish and Mennonite live.  Because I know Jean and David, I know where the Mennonite and some Amish are.  Aside from that I have to locate Amish by newspaper articles or word of mouth. 

When I saw the address of the man, I just went for the pictures of the Amish farm, not to offend him, but I guess that's what I did anyhow.  So I removed the post and will be more carefull.

If I upset or offended anyone, I am sorry. That is not what I ment to do.

Marilyn

7 comments:

New York State Of Mind said...

I decided to take the post off. I do not want to be offensive. I apologize for anything I did wrong.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Don't worry about it Marilyn. It is a bad subject isn't it. That man was wrong, wrong, wrong in what he did. I do wonder about his punishment.

New York State Of Mind said...

Thank you, Vickie, I won't put anything like that on again. If I find out what the punishment was, I will let you know.

Marilyn

Meredith said...

Marilyn
You a beautiful person

New York State Of Mind said...

Hi Meredith,
I don't know about that. LOL I do some dumb things sometimes.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Marilyn, there is no doubt in my mind that you are a great person.

The pictures were great.

I think that naming the owner and location of the farm without his permission and then what he was/is charged with crossed a line. Innocent until proven guilty etc. and so far he hasn't been found guilty except by emotionally driven gossip.

Gary

New York State Of Mind said...

Hello Gary,
I agree that I did not do the right there. That's why I removed it. If I was going to show the pictures, I shouldn't have put his name on it or mentioned him in anyway. I do apologize for what I did and I will be more carefull from now on.
Marilyn